Trademark Renewal in India
Apply for your trademark renewal online with our services. Once renewed, a certificate of renewal is issued to the owner of the trademark.
Satisfaction & Money Back Guarantee
What is Trademark Renewal?
Registered trademarks have a 10-year validity and can be renewed indefinitely. A trademark can be renewed, 6 months before the date of expiry. A notice will be sent to your registered address before the date of expiry.
If you still do not file for renewal, the registrar may advertise its intention to remove the trademark in the Trade Marks Journal. This is, however, likely to happen only 12 months after the expiry date. Between 6 and 12 months after expiry, by paying a trademark renewal fee through a process called ‘restoration’.
Benefits of Trademark Renewal in India
Extension of Ownership Rights
Brand Name Security
Documents Required for Trademark Renewal in India
Proof of Applicant
Power of Attorney
Copy of TM-A
How BharatRegister Helps With The Trademark Renewal Process
As soon as you send us your details, a representative from our trademark renewal service will get in touch to find out more about your requirements and explain the process and charges to you. Charges would depend on whether you need the trademark renewed or restored. The trademark renewal fee is Rs. 5000 in government fees, while restoration costs Rs. 8000.
Our trademark renewal service at Bharatregister will start working on your Trademark Renewal application and prepare the relevant documents. Either Form-10 or Form-12 would need to be filed with the registrar, along with renewal fees.
We will keep you up-to-date on the status of your application, and within four to five months you will receive confirmation that your trademark has been renewed for another 10 years.
Trademark Renewal Registration Process
There are two kinds of renewal:
- Alteration and change of sign or logo of the registered trademark.
- Application made without any change of trademark.
The procedure is as follows-
- An trademark renewal application is made in the form of TM-R.
- The trademark renewal application can be filed by either the registered owner of the trademark or an agent authorized by him.
- Filing a trademark renewal application for trademark, renews it for another 10 years.
- After filing the Trademark Renewal application, it is very important to check the status of your application periodically until it is processed by the registrar.
- The Trademark Journal is an official gazette of the Trademark registry which governs the application status whether it is accepted or not. If accepted then it is advertised in the Trademark Journal. Therefore, the renewal process should begin 3 to 6 months before the expiry of the trademark.
- Form-18 is used to file the application, with the requisite fees. The application is reviewed for quality before it is finally approved for renewal.
Make Application in 3 Easy Steps
1. Follow Quick Process
- Pick the best suitable Package
- Spare less than 10 minutes to fill out our online Questionnaire
- Upload required documents
- Make quick payment through our secured gateways
2. Experts at Bharatregister are here to help
- Assigned Relationship Manager
- Consultation regarding the renewal
- Provide Application No & TM Registration Certificate
- Preparation & Filing of Application
3. Start Using TM now!
- All it takes is 3 – 4 working days.
A trademark expires after a period of 10 years. It is ideal to apply for a trademark renewal in India 6 months before the end date but not 1 year prior to the end date. A trademark renewal fee will be charged.
Usually a trademark is valid only in the country it is registered or filled in. Nevertheless, you can register it in other countries individually or by using CTM or WIPO to apply to multiple countries.