Importer-Exporter Code India
Importer Exporter Code India is digit mandatory license, for companies and businesses that deals with import-export activities in the Indian Territory. The Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), under the Department of Commerce, Government of India issues this license.
Satisfaction & Money Back Guarantee
Import Export Code Registration
Considering the recent trends in the business sector, a gradual shift of businesses is observed from the local market to the international market. To spread reach and conquer the international market, the import and export activities are undertaken which further requires the Import Export Code India.
Iec Code online is a 10 digit unique code allotted to the business entities that allow imports and exports. The code is allotted by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) to the applicants. Register for IEC code online comes with one-time registration and lifetime validity. The process for import export code registration has become simpler with online IEC application supported by a few documents.
Benefits of Import Export Code Registration India
Global Markets at Fingertips
Documents Required IEC Registration Process
The documents required are rtelatively less For IEC Registration. Only a few documents are required which are listed below for a better scope.
- PAN card of the individual or company
- Copy of the entity’s government ID (Driving license/Aadhar/Voter ID)
- Incorporation certificate/Partnership deed
- Personal or company’s current bank account statement
- Address proof (Electricity bill/rent agreement/sale deed of the office location
- Copy of cancelled cheque leaf of the current account
When is IEC code required?
- For Import and Export of Goods from India
- For Import and Export of Services from India
- To clear the shipment while making an Import or Export
Validity of IE Code
Once registered the Import Export Code is permanent and becomes valid for lifetime. Hence, there is absolutely no need for renewal or update. It lasts until the business ceases to exist or the registration is surrendered. Also, the business does not have to do any monthly or annual filings like GST, PF, etc.
IEC Registration Procedure
To get your Import Export license online, you will need to do the following simple IEC registration procedure.
Step 1: The online IEC application form in the format Aayaat Niryaat Form no. 2A is filed with the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. Alternatively, it could also be done offline at the Regional office of DGFT.
Step 2: All the required documents, including bank details and DSC, have to be submitted
Step 3: Next, the Import Export code will be allotted and the application will be processed further
Step 4: Once the documents and application are verified by the authorities, the import export license will be granted as a soft copy to the entity.
Obtain IEC in 3 Easy Steps
1. Answer Quick Questions
- Pick a Package that best fits your requirements
- Nearly 10 minutes to fill in our Questionnaire
- Provide basic details & documents required for registration
- Make payment through secured payment gateways
2. Relax While Team of Experts Get It All Done
- Assigned Relationship Manager
- IEC application preparation and filing
- Allotment of IE Code
3. You get the IE Code
- All it takes is 3-4 working days.
Any person/company dealing in international trade of export and import of goods and Services need to register for IE code.
IE Code is not a tax registration. However, certain customs duty may be levied depending on the product.
Anyone who is acting as sole proprietor of a business can obtain IE code Registration.
Yes. In order to make changes, you need to raise a request with the DGFT and produce the relevant documents to make the modifications. Some government fee may be charged for the same.